Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 3 Transfer

Nurse M called today. This morning actually. We have 1 excellent, 2 good, and 3 fair embryos. All six are still viable - nobody self destructed overnight. RE's ofice has scheduled us for a day 3 transfer tomorrow morning at 10:15am.

They are still stuck on transferring only two embryos because of my young age (a mere 31). And so if they can't decide tomorrow which embryo is the better of the 2 'good' ones, then they may push us back to a day 5 transfer once we get there. So, we may go in tomorrow and then be sent home. Or at least that's what they think. Because if they can't decide which is the better, I might just try to get them to put in all three. But I'm going to decide that tomorrow in the moment, not now.

Tonight will be my first ever PIO shot. I'm a little nervous for one reason and one reason only - the fear of the needle scraping bone. Which is totally irrational because my bum is totally and without a doubt bigger than 1.5 inches deep. But I keep 'feeling' it in my brain and its like nails on a chalkboard. I'm going to give it to myself and then let DH rub it in so he will get to be involved. I can't stand the thought of him poking me with a needle, so I will be in the bathroom, foot on stool. Wish me luck!

My biggest problem right now is the fact that I will have to drink all that water (36 ounces) before the transfer tomorrow and not empty my bladder. Normally, I have to pee after a can of pop. And this week I've been up several times each night, because of the swelling in my ovaries pushing against my bladder its pickier than normal and painful to hold it through the night! How am I ever going to do this? I may wet myself. I'm not sure. So, I'm concerned about this, but will give it my best. I know its important to have a full bladder for optimal placement of the embryo(s). My boss suggested slamming the water about 10 minutes before check in. So, I might try that. But we have 30 minutes between check in and the procedure. You can bet I'll be crossing my legs!

Thanks, everyone, for your continued well wishes. It really is exciting to be this far in the process. Kind of hard to stay detached at this point. I mean, tomorrow, I'm going to be looking at MY embryos. That's really amazing and powerful!

***
My friend K went to her doctor's appointment today and was able to hear the heartbeat. Thanks to those of you who were worried about her, like me. I'm so happy for her. But also cautious, as well, because she's lost babies after hearing heartbeats before. Poor thing. But for now, all is well, and that is GREAT news!
***
In foster care news, DH and I need to get our butts in gear and start on our reading. We've been kind of slacking this week. I'm also hoping that DH will work on some foster care checklist items this weekend - like putting together the crib and dresser that arrived; and returning the rocking chair that is way too uncomfortable to keep, or perhaps installing the smoke detectors I bought weeks ago, or even finishing the floor plan of our home that we started last weekend. Yes, he has a lot on his plate while I'm laying in bed, resting and trying to implant some babies! Okay, maybe just one.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

What exciting news!! I am also a 'mere 31' but I think if it were me, I would also try for three eggs. It's worth a shot, isn't it?!?!

Blue said...

Good luck tomorrow - hope it goes really well for you. My transfer is scheduled for half an hour after yours, so I too will be hoping for good bladder control!

Katie said...

36 ounces! Whoa. I was supposed to drink 16-20, wussed out at about 14 and the RE said my bladder was "perfect." I would definitely cheat if I were you. But that's just me. I would totally wet the bed.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

G$ said...

Yay! So exciting! Thinking of you this morning!