Monday, August 25, 2008

5 Weeks, 4 Days

Starting yesterday, my symptoms picked up again. My husband's favorite line is, "She's sleeping for two!" to poke fun at all the napping. My response is, "Growing babies is hard work!"

I will N.E.V.E.R. complain about my symptoms. They are my friends, and I welcome them. The more, the merrier!

***
I went to Babies R Us today on my lunch break. I wanted to check out the maternity selection, and purchase a sleeping bra, because, let's face it, the girls need some support and my regular bra hurts after about 20 minutes.
I felt like a total fraud. Like I don't belong there, in a place that sells baby things. It was totally awkward walking around with women with kids, and women who were obviously pregnant. I wonder at what point I will feel legit?!
p.s. Am wearing the new bra right now. It's perfect! And just what I needed. Otherwise, I was going to have to get a cart to drag these things around behind me.
***
Our final night of foster care class is tomorrow night. I will be happy to have that time for sleeping, but will miss the people.
I was diligent on our to-do list this weekend. I finished the child letter, parent letter, scrapbook, and purchased the first aid kits for our vehicles. Why do state regulations have no basis in reality? No single first aid kit had everything we needed. I ended up looking at several stores, and then comparing/contrasting the content lists of several various kits before I finally decided just to get the one I "thought" was close and supplementing with other purchases.
I have my health assessment this Thursday (after the ultra sound appointment). And DH started staining the railing for the basement stairs. We are getting so close!!!!

5 comments:

JW Moxie said...

I always thought the exhaustion was the most fun of them all. I'd rather sleep too much than puke too much. Naturally, I got slammed with both. :)

Tiffi33 said...

being tired is the best symptom to have, as long as you can sleep :)

enjoy your naps..I remember how GOOD it felt to nap in the first trimester

Blue said...

Hey there. I can well understand your feelings at Babies r us, but I'm pleased you stayed long enough to purchase something - and that its doing the trick! I've yet to make the leap to pregnancy related shopping in person...although I confess to visiting a maternity store online today! :-)
Despite the tiredness, you sound like you're doing an amazing job on the foster care preparation, so impressive. I've just dragged myself up the stairs to leave a few comments before I fall asleep...I can't imagine taking classes as well as working.
I hope the next few days go quickly until your u/s and thanks for your good wishes for mine tomorrow!

Faithful Infertile said...

I'm so excited for you U/S!!! Can't wait to hear how many little beans are in there!!! :)

Are you sleeping very well?!? I can't sleep for crap! Oh well, I'm not complaining!

Jill said...

Glad to hear you can sleep well! Good luck at your upcoming u/s!