Monday, March 23, 2009

Perspective

My friend G$ helped me to take a trip down memory lane on Friday. I read through all of my blog posts from our IVF cycle last summer. And it was AMAZING perspective that I needed as I head into the final weeks of this pregnancy.

I am SO.GLAD that I have this blog as a reminder of how far we've come. Really. Truly. Grateful. for all of the blessings in our life!

***

Secondly, I must admit that I am beginning to become uncomfortable. No, seriously, for the first time, there is no position that relieves it. These are some big babies in my belly!

I woke up this morning and had to have a 30-minute pity party for myself before I could get up (off the couch). The babies have somehow moved down, and yet remain firmly lodged in my ribs, so I had pain all over. And the couch, which used to prevent most hip pain, is no longer quite soft enough to prevent that particular discomfort. It is still MUCH better than any other surface in our home, but I worry that soon there will be nowhere to sleep.

I felt better once I got up, which I expected, but was still uncomfortable. And I was super grateful for afternoon bed rest as I was able to come home at lunch, so I could lay here in bed. (and inhale an entire row of Oreos for the 3rd time in 3 days. Thank God the package is almost gone!)

At first, I thought pajamas would be comfy enough, but I'm burning up, so here I lay with no pants, no panties, and my shirt tucked up under my boobs. Let me assure you, it's not an attractive look.

But I'm fine. And enjoyed a nice, brainless project this afternoon, so I was able to whittle the Bringing Home Baby backlog on my Tivo to ... 29 episodes. Sheesh! I will never catch up!

***
Lastly, I must share this bizarre dream I had last night.
It was sad, because I was just sure that one of the boys was born with down syndrome (BTW, we never had any genetic or other testing, so this could be true). I woke up praying to God that our boys would be born perfectly healthy and that it was just a dream!
Aside from that, it was a wonderful dream, because it was the first time I have ever dreamed about having twins.
More amusing is how they were born. Dr. C did an internal exam, including some vag lube, and left the room. I sneezed and both babies slid out!
DH and I were picking them up off of the hospital bed - they mysteriously did not have umbilical cords! - and noticed that one was quite larger than the other, and the larger baby had the 'look' of DS but by the end of the dream, Dr. C still had not returned, and so no tests had been done to confirm, so I had kind of convinced myself that it wasn't necessarily DS, but the one baby maybe just looked like my husband's friend, Brian!
Crazy, huh?!

2 comments:

G$ said...

Sometimes I wish I would have kept up the diary I had in HS so I could look back on those memories like I can the last year of my blog.

Jamie said...

I am so sorry you are so uncomfortable/in pain. I know how frustrated I get when I can't sleep - I can't imagine what your level of frustration must be right now.

And Oreos? Evil. I have this thing where I have to eat cookies in even numbers. Two is never enough, so I always get at least four. But if that isn't enough, I'm not a big fan of the number six, so I have to eat eight.

Man, I've got issues.