Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More joys...

Today, I realized the following joys of working from home all afternoon:
  • When I was craving chocolate, I just walked into the kitchen and whipped up a batch of brownies. Mmmmmmm. Warm brownies.
  • When I felt the boys kicking, I could lift up my shirt and watch my belly. Pretty much never going to happen in the office!
***
Returned two unwanted, yet generous Christmas gifts today, so we were able to purchase one of the two needed bookcases for the nursery and it only cost us like $5 for tax.
Can I just say how much I love returning Christmas gifts and actually getting things I want or need? My mom was the major contributor to this gift, so I called to confess and share my enthusiasm. She made me feel better by telling me my younger brother returned his gift and bought a new game for his Wii. Um, at least I feel responsible, if not judgemental for my choice ;-)

***
My boss, who is going to be gone the rest of this week to a conference in San Diego called me a dirtbag on the phone this afternoon and then giggled and snickered in my ear for like 5 minutes straight. Which is only funny if you've read this. I think she's a little excited to get away.

2 comments:

Soralis said...

Brownies.. yummy! So glad you were able to exchange your gifts for something you actually wanted!

Erin said...

Oh I like brownies. And book cases. Ha, my belly is moving as I type this.

I am torn. I know inductions can lead to harder more painful labor and that doesn't sound like fun. I just worry about not being awake for a c-section if I wind up needing one. DH wants me to be induced, there is less of a chance of hemorrhage that way. I want to hear what the midwives say.

Insurance company did agree, the company will be here later this week to teach and set me up :)

I hope you are feeling well, and so are the boys!