Saturday, October 11, 2008

Anniversary Date (12wk 2d)


DH and I celebrated our 6th year of marriage last night (a week or so early, our anniversary isn't actually until the 19th). We both feel like it seems like a lot less, like maybe 3 years. I think that's a good sign.


I have finally been feeling better, so we had dinner out last night, and I ate more than just fries or a baked potato. I actually had a salad, which hasn't sounded good in about two months. DH's glass of wine smelled *so* delish, and I think it would have felt like more of a special occasion had I been able to drink with him, but obviously the health of our twins is way more important to me. I wasn't tempted, just thirsty.

Then, we saw Michael Buble in concert here in town. And it was perfect. Romantic. Funny. He's a great entertainer.

But ...

I'm used to going to concerts where if people are falling down, its because they're trashed.

And last night, we saw people falling down because they were old.

It wasn't raining. It wasn't icy. Old people just lose their balance and fall. And, apparently, Michael Buble has a lot of older fans.


***
I haven't had any more spotting (knock on wood) in over a week now. I am hoping, of course, that its gone for good.
Last night was my first night in 3 months that I did not have to give myself a shot somewhere.
Almost overnight, my symptoms have subsided. While I'm happy to be in my second trimester and feeling better, I, of course, being the freak show that I am, have a little nagging voice in the back of my head that worries its not the 12th week, but that something is wrong in there.
Next OB appt isn't for 10 more days.
DH and I talked a lot about genetic testing last night at dinner. I wish it wasn't even an option. I think we have decided to ask our OB his advice at our next appointment, and then reconsider our current stance. We're leaning away, not toward. Even though the thought of having a child with special needs frightens us.
I absolutely have to force myself to go shopping for some maternity clothes today. I had purchased some online, but the pants were so big, they were like those clown pants that have a hoop in them that hover about 6" away from the clown's waist. Everyone asks why I didn't just get a smaller size, but sadly, they were so ginormous, that I simply could not imagine them being at all flattering, even in a smaller size. So, off to the mall I go.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Since going to Tunica, Mississippi I have decided that is what happens to gamblers when they aren't cool enough to go to Las Vegas anymore. Hover-rounds and oxygen tanks galore. It really made me feel old even though I didn't have an oxygen tank of my own.