Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hi. My Name is A and I'm a Blogaholic.

Ok, I admit it. I am officially addicted to reading other people's blogs.

Before my cancelled IVF cycle, I was in a chat group. But that's like the gateway drug, isn't it? I could never go back to just chatting with people now. No way! I need to read every single post a person has written in the last year, longer if its in their archives.

Chatrooms are so last fall for me. Sure, I was a lurker. I admit it. But the first time I read an infertility blog, I was hooked. I had to have my own. It's so cathartic. And I spend every evening catching up on the blogs I like, and looking for more blogs. Here it is Saturday. DH is out renting movies and picking up Thai, and I'm in bed, on the laptop, reading blogs.

It hasn't affected my work, yet. Ok, I admit, I checked one blog at lunch yesterday. I did it! But it was lunch, and it was just the one. And I wasn't really worried about wasting time at work, I was more concerned that the lab rats in IT would check the firewall and see what I'd been reading.

I'm hooked. I'm addicted. And I'm so happy to have found this online community of funny, sensitive, and honest women who are sharing their stories. It is such a blessing.

So, yes, my name is A...and I'm a blogaholic!

No comments: