Thursday, April 7, 2011

Senseless Tragedy

One of my friends from my hometown in Iowa was killed this morning on his drive to work. You can read about it or watch the video at THIS LINK. I found out about it through mutual friends posts on FB. We weren't close friends. We hadn't kept in touch since I went away to college. He lived a block or so away from me in elementary school. We sometimes hung out in the same crowd in high school. My hs boyfriend was friends with him. And I once punched and threatened his little brother for being mean to my cousin. The scene of this accident is just a few miles from my brother's house. It could have been my SIL, my brother, my nephews, my mom. It could have been me. I've always been afraid of car wrecks. I still am. And this is why. Innocent man. Wonderful husband, father, and friend. Killed. While driving to work. No slick roads. No texting. No drinking. Just a senseless tragedy.

No comments: