Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This and That

So, here I am at 8:11am holding Jack, and Will is in his swing. We have had that swing since way before the boys were born, and I just discovered yesterday that not only does it vibrate, but it has a nature sounds setting. Might have been nice to know back when the boys were missing those sounds! But I am just happy that Will likes it.

***
My friend L dropped by last night, and brought us dinner. Yes, I know, we are spoiled. Here we are with boys who are almost 4 weeks old and people are STILL bringing us food. And it was delicious! DH and I inhaled everything!
Anyway, L has a 2-year old girl and is pregnant with a boy right now. Her amniotic fluid has dropped for no apparent reason, so they are monitoring her more closely. She is insulin-dependent, so kind of high risk anyway. She is a friend of a friend, who I met at a girls night in party about a year ago. I really liked her, and have kept in touch with her between parties.
But, there is something about her confidence, and her demeanor that makes me want to hate her and never see her again. She was great with the boys, very calm, and very soothing. But I don't know, its hard to explain, she's one of those super stay at home mom's who has read every book and has all this lingo. Example #1 - when she was here visiting while I was on bed rest, she brought her daughter and was using every single sentence as a teaching opportunity. I.E. Rebecca, can you hand me the YELLOW flower? For Pete's sake! Example #2 - last night she was telling Will she could feel the gas in his stomach and that he had a very large diaphram. Am I seriously intimidated by someone who can feel my son's organs through his skin? Well, yeah, I guess I am. I know I'm just being petty, but I had to vent a little.
***
It *looks* like it might not rain today. Which would be a HUGE relief, because we've been cramped up in this house for days on end. I don't have any plans today, so I think I will take the boys to meet their daddy's friends at work, and then to this huge, wonderful park nearby his store. It has great walking paths, but is on the complete opposite side of town, so I normally wouldn't go there.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I've always found people who use big words all the time a teensy bit obnoxious. Can't they just be normal? For a minute?

LuckyOnce said...

It's so hard to listen to some other moms and not feel like you're failing your child in some way. You have to remember though, that there are things you're doing for your kids that probably make other moms feel like you're a super-mom. (Taking twins out by yourself when they're that young comes to mind!) You're doing a great job...