Sunday, September 30, 2012

Post Move Update

Well, hello there!

Long time, no blog.

We have settled in our new home in Kansas City.  We are very comfortable here already - the boys can run circles around everything and they do!  They run in circles and they scream they want to live here forever.  As hard as living in an apartment was on me for 4 months, it apparently affected them more than they could tell us at the time.

Here, they ride their bicycles outside, they call the neighbor kids their friends, they can space out and find their own space.  Their elementary school is IN our neighborhood (for 2 years from now when they start). 

We were so wise to have the boys pre-enrolled in pre school when we moved.  After a weekend together in my car and my husband driving separate in his own car, they were done with me and I was done with them.  They love their new school and their new friends. 

I started my new job last Wednesday. Its been a slow start, getting adjusted to being the "boss" and all that goes with it.  Mostly, I just walk around and talk to people and never do any actual work.  Which is apparently my job.  It just feels weird and kinda lazy. 

My husband starts real estate classes next week.  He has been attending sales meetings and some continuining education courses already.  He really seems excited about ths new career, so I'm happy for him.  Hopeful he can do something that will be as rewarding to him as my company has been for me.

Our new house is a little intimidating for me.  For its newness and its niceness - wood floors and granite countertops. Since its brand new, every scar will be put here by us. The place where I ran my laptop into the wall.  The spot where Will spilled his juice on the carpet.  Its like we don't deserve a house this nice with two rambunctious twins. 

I've also been trying to make up for those 4 months of eating cereal for dinner every night by actually cooking for my family.  The downside is that my day seems shorter, because now I have prep time, cooking, eating, and then cleaning up and dishes.  Today, I tried a new recipe from Iowa Girl Eats.  I love her blog - mostly because I myself am an Iowa girl, and I also enjoy her recipes.  She's no Pioneer Woman, but her Trader Joe Knock Off Chili Lime Chicken Burgers are delish (I make mine with turkey)!  Today's recipe was a green monster smoothie.  I was all prepared to dump it down the drain if I caught the slightest whiff of spinach taste, but there is none.  Its filling and apparently healthy. 

I was about to pull my hair out with these wood floors - they are so dark that Every.Little.Speck shows up.  But yesterday, I discovered the Swiffer SweeperVac and I'm not one to give anything a shout out on this blog, but seriously?!  This is going to save my sanity - it picks up all the crumbs the boys drop under their stools and also dusts.  I will probably use it daily - and if you have wood floors, you need this.

Whew?!  There were a lot of links in this post, but I hope you'll enjoy something I've shared.  Now I must go because Jack has pooped in his pants {once again} and my poor DH is rinsing it in the sink and gagging. 

No comments: