Monday, March 14, 2011

T Minus Five and I'm Definitely Counting

T Minus Five more nights in the condo. In the 865 sq ft home we have enjoyed for the past 360 days. SO ready to have some space. And the additional daylight in the evenings thanks to daylight savings time has made me DESPERATE for my boys to have a yard. I'm also looking forward to have SPACE for me to have some alone time without feeling like I'm hiding in the bedroom from DH. And to walk on my treadmill. And to have friends over for dinner. And for the boys to have their own playroom. Dream.House. Can't.Wait.

***
I wonder if I should start parting my hair in the middle like Kim Kardashian.
***
Took Jack to the pediatrician last week for an ear infection: Doctor's Visit: $75, Prescription: $24
DH took Will to the minor med center tonight, same diagnosis: Visit: $20, Prescription, $80.
WTF?!
***
I'm also considering getting a Brazillian Blowout, but its $250. And that seems oppulent. But as overweight as I am now, I think it would be nice if at least my hair could be skinny.
***
Reason # 1,000,001 why I'm excited to move .... THIS happened at "MY" Walmart this past weekend. I know that no place is purely safe, but I'm definitely ready to move to the burbs and out of the United Nations. I went to this place in daylight, and darkness. With my children. And alone. And I N.E.V.E.R. felt safe. The people there eyeball you. They invade your personal space. They ask for money in the parking lot. And they're probably all normal, God-fearing peopel who would never hurt you. But there have probably been 100 people mugged there in the past year and it took this event for me to find out about it. Seriously. I was there on Sunday. there was no chalk on the parking lot. No police tape. No sign that a customer had been KILLED by the acts of another customer less than 48 hours prior. SO.READY.TO.MOVE. I'm such a sell out. and I'm okay with it.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

If you're not moving tonight, you should be soon! Yay!!

Holy crap - I can't believe that Wal-Mart story. I don't live in a bad part of town but my closest Wal-Mart is pretty shady. I went there one night (long ago, before Skeeter was born) and I called Hubby on my cell on my walk to the car because I was so nervous. I haven't shopped at Wal-Mart in at least two years.